Wednesday 20 April 2016

OUIL406 Visual Communication -Tutorial Feedback

Feedback from Jamie:

Nice representation of Henson through characters and shapes
Stamp designs are figured out. Working well.
Postcards - go non-character for these. Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Storyteller. How do you describe these stories in an icon?
Post - 1 or 2 colour screen print/grid of multiple characters
Plan time for printing, speak to prints rooms

What I'm going to do now:
I agree with going non-character for the postcards. I think if I just calm down and think about this rationally I'll be able to find some symbols/motifs that work well to describe the storyline of the film/show.
I'm also definitely thinking of going ahead with some sort of gridded poster to show Henson and his creations. I think this is a really simple yet fun way of communicating him and his characters to an audience.
I'm still not sure on screen printing, part of me wants to print digitally but I know theres next to no print slots anymore so if I did print digitally I'd need to go down to Vernon Street and use their A2 printer.

To do next:
Plan poster out - simplify characters, plan a layout
Sort postcards - The dark crystal one works so focus on the labyrinth and the storyteller. I can use simple shapes and motifs to describe the storylines for these two
Relax - This isn't the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment