Monday 11 April 2016

OUIL406 Visual Communication - Supai Vectors

I wasn't too keen on the first postcard for Supai that I vectorised. The trees are way too heavy and look bulky and a bit out of place. I decided to try and change these my reverting them back to just line drawings and changing the fill of the tree shape. I also forgot to take screenshots of this postcard as I was creating it, oops. 





 I didn't like how heavy the white trees made the image look so played around with them being two different shades of orange. I decided to go for this first one, with the trees being the same colour as the background because I didn't want to distract from the houses or the size of the canyons.

Really happy with how this postcard turned out. Love the size of the canyon walls and how massive they look in comparison to the houses. Pretty proud of my composition in this one as well, it works a lot better vectorised than I thought it would when I was looking at it on paper. There's also a sense of depth towards the back of the image as the houses and trees are a lot smaller than the ones up front. I really love the colour in this one as well, a nice dusty red to reflect the colour of the canyons and the environment that Supai is surrounded by.

No comments:

Post a Comment