Wednesday 20 April 2016

OUIL406 Visual Communication - Stamp Positives and Rough Postcard Ideas

I made some positives for my stamps after reducing them down to two colour only designs. The lack of flexibility I have with wanting to screen print something so colourful is really bugging me. I'm not sure if this is the route i want to take anymore but it's the Monday before deadline and I really need to back my mind up with what I'm doing.

Feeling the tiled design for the poster a lot more, think it'd look really nice. If i'm going to screen print it i think I'll use a pink and green, they'll go pretty well together and it'll still look nice and colourful. Also decided to go with the chair and dog bed design for The Storyteller, I think this communicates the programme effectively and at the same time represent the two characters that host the show. 
My Labyrinth postcard is going to consist of a Labyrinth that covers the full postcard and a crystal ball in the middle. It was really hard to figure out what to do for this one and i'm not really sure if its good enough, it seems too plain and boring but I honestly can't think how else I could communicate the story. I think it could look okay once it's done though, just my sketches look pretty lame which is putting me off the design a fair bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment