Monday 11 April 2016

OUIL406 Visual Communication - La Rinconada and Longyearbyen Vectors

La Rinconada

Quite like how this one turned out too! I was starting to get the hang of vectors by the time I'd got to this postcard and also got my head around the aesthetic of my postcards, so it was pretty straight forward compared to the last two. I'm really enjoying seeing this postcard set come together and I think the colours I chose and the images themselves are doing a pretty good job of communicating the kind of environment these isolated cities are surrounded by.

Longyearbyen
I'm really not as happy with this one as I wanted to be. I can't quite put my finger on it but theres something wrong with the houses, I think it's the fact that they're all lined up but Longyearbyen actually has houses like that and I thought that was a really cool feature of the place, something I definitely wanted to replicate in my postcards. I'd definitely re-do this postcard, try a different layout or try do something with the houses more but I'm running out of time before the deadline for this brief and I really really don't want to run into the next one with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment