Friday 18 November 2016

The Grown Up Chocolate Company - Why We Decided To Work Together

I've decided to work with a Graphic Designer on The Grown Up Chocolate brief for YCN. I chose my collaborative partner, Ste, for a number of reasons. His design work is very clean and sophisticated which I think could work with my illustration practice. I also think that the combination of our two practices would produce a well developed outcome for our selected brief. We both have a good work ethic and an enthusiasm for our own areas of practice and feel that combining this will make for an effective collaborative group. I've chosen to work on The Grown Up Chocolate Company brief because it allows space for me to develop my own practice and expand my work into looking at product and packaging and how illustration can be applied to that. I also think that collaborating with a graphic designer will be a good opportunity for me to experience what it's like to work with other creatives outside of my own practice. The pairing of a graphic designer and illustrator will also work well for this brief as we will be able to complete the project using a combination of both our skill sets. We have decided that my main area of responsibility will be the illustrations and support of design work. Ste's main responsibilities will include layout, type and the landing page.

No comments:

Post a Comment