Tuesday 22 November 2016

Illustration Friday - Spider

The theme for this weeks Illustration Friday was Spider so since I had a tiny bit of time free this afternoon I decided to give it a go. I decided to practice with lino bit more and figure out how to print with two colours, I did a quick drawing of a black widow spider and then carved it into the lino. I cut out the red section of the spiders back in order to print that separately and allow for a two colour lino print. I've scanned the image into photoshop and changed the background colour and cleaned it up a little bit. I'm not claiming this to be anything spectacular at all, in all honesty its pretty crappy, but at least it's a start and it's helped me understand a little more about two colour printing with lino.

Edited

Original

No comments:

Post a Comment