Friday 11 November 2016

(Almost) Final Ideas


I think these are the ideas I'm going to go with! I've been spending a lot of time mulling over ideas and different roughs and finally I think I'm getting somewhere! I think i'm going to make circular prints that will be printed onto square sheets of paper, I like the idea of filling the frame but doing this as a full size portrait print was taking up a lot of time and I felt like a lot of what I was trying to convey was getting lost. Using a circle within the frame of the paper was a way of containing the image so it didn't get out of hand whilst still being able to 'fill the frame' in a way. 

I'm really happy with how they're looking, the colours are just a rough idea of what I'm going for but will probably end  up being more muted pastel tones. Hopefully these will work well together as a set. I've tried tying them all together in the way that they're drawn and by including the same character/motifs throughout, the woman and the bird. I think the next step is to start seeing what these would look like as prints and how I'm going to create textures and different ways of applying colour throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment