Wednesday 1 March 2017

The Batsford Prize - Change of Idea

I've decided to change my idea, as happy as i was with the direction the endangered bird print was going, I just don't think it has much context and when thinking about our relationship with the environment, it goes a lot deeper than just endangered birds.
I think we've always had a relationship with our environment and animals, something that has been considered a lot more precious in the past than it is now. We used to hold  certain animals and the environment on some kind of pedestal, and they were respected through folklore and legends. In the modern day, especially in western culture this is no longer a part of our culture, or it's not as prominent as it once was. I think I'm going to research into folklore and how animals have previously been represented too us through folklore. Some starting points are:
- Folklore
- Native American
- Legends
- Connection
- Totems


No comments:

Post a Comment