Monday 27 March 2017

Baba Yaga's Hut - Development

The most striking thing about Baba Yaga has to be the hut on chicken legs that she resides in. This is one of the things that drew me in about this character and I feel that it's going to be interesting to try and create an image based around her mythical house. There are different interpretations of her house, some say that the windows to the hut are eyes, others say the hut is surrounded by a fence made from flaming human skulls.

 



















Stories say that her hut can be found in a clearing in the forest, standing on its chicken legs and screaming until you utter a phrase that brings it to a halt and settle on the ground. I'm trying to develop the image to make it seem as if the hut is in the middle of a forest, towering above the trees, to place more importance on the hut and also to allow people to focus on that part of the imagery first. I think I'm going to lino cut my final images as they'll give a textured, authentic feel to the imagery which I think will enhance my illustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment