Tuesday 7 February 2017

To Kill A Mockingbird - Colour Choice and Cover Mockup


This is my mock-up of the front of my book cover. I've chosen to have the floral illustrations in the background a mixture of light pastel tones because these are the colours that camellias usually are and also because the lighter, pastel imagery links up with the themes of innocence and childhood. I kept the monotype text black as it's a stark contrast to the lighter tones of the illustration. Likewise in the book there are darker themes of racism and prejudice that run alongside lighter themes of childhood and innocence. I kept the background a neutral image because I didn't want to distract from the main image and text. 

I'm pretty happy with how things are going for this brief. I like the composition of the text and the imagery and think these elements compliment each other. The only thing I'm worried about is it looking a bit plain or empty? I don't know, I just feel like as a stand alone image it's not quite there yet. I think mocking the whole book cover up and adding the spine, back cover and all of the additional elements will make the image feel more complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment