Thursday 21 January 2016

OUIL405 - Scanned Pages and InDesign Layout


This part of the project has been the worst for me, up until now I have been fully confident of my abilities and of my work but as soon as I had to start moving everything on the the computer I felt that all too familiar fear of Photoshop creep up on me. I have no idea what I'm doing with Photoshop, I have had a few sessions on it before but unfortunately missed the ones at the beginning of this year so have shed away from using it until now. I think I managed to do okay with getting my images to the right size and then making sure the colours were correct. The second scary part was taking the images from Photoshop to InDesign, software that I have NEVER used before. I only have myself to blame for missing the InDesign sessions and am now realising just how important it is to make sure I'm at sessions like this. I frantically found myself searching for walkthroughs on how to layout things on InDesign and how to generally work with the software. After an hour or so of swearing at my computer I finally managed to get my work played out correctly ready for print. Even though I have a few worries about my lack of understanding in regards to Photoshop and other softwares I am confident that as long as I attend the sessions for these programmes and don't allow myself to be scared of using things like Photoshop, I'll be able to progress to a level where I am comfortable using the software and producing work on it.












No comments:

Post a Comment