After gathering my visual research I began making my pages. I made a whole bunch of textures so that I could pick and choose what to work from. The process of using cut paper, texture and collage was one that I really enjoyed but found to be very time consuming, especially when working with very small, fiddly bits of paper that need glueing down. I think that it would have been better for me to start making my pages a lot earlier on, I found myself rushing the last few as my print slot was looming but my lack of time management was purely down to me underestimating how long the pages would take to make.
Making textures is addictive
First few pages ready to go!
It was really exciting to see my book start to take shape and come together as a finished piece. I really struggled with some of the smaller pages, they were very frustrating to work with. If I was to make something this small again I would probably work in a bigger scale and then adjust the image to the smaller size in Photoshop. It took a lot of time and patience to get all the pages done and everything cut out and stuck down properly, I found using pritt stick made quite a mess, but I was unsure of which glue would be best to use, the glue kept getting stuck to my fingers and have left dirty marks on some of the pages. I really enjoyed working in this way though, it's definitely a new way of working for me but it's something that I really enjoyed doing in Visual Language and it's really good to see how something that I'm learning in a different module can be carried across to this module. I think this project has really given me some time to think about how I'm working and apply some of the new techniques and process's I'm learning to my work.