Thursday 21 January 2016

OUIL405 - Final Book

Overall I'm not entirely pleased with how my book turned out. Obviously there was the issue with me saving the InDesign file wrong which has made the images quite pixelated, completely ruining the quality and the look I was going for. Also after speaking to James in the Digital Print room I learnt that there was no green paper for me to print on like i had hoped there would be so I ended up printing on an off-white matte stock. I feel like this ruins the look of the book from the from as the white paper looks pretty bad in contrast to the textured pages that are also showing. Even though there are things I don't like about my book I do like how the book is layered up from the front, I think this adds depth and makes the forest look like it goes further away in the distance as the pages go further back. I also like how I managed to achieve the rising of the pages, forming the slope of a hill. I think this is a really important feature of the book as the Chevin is on top of a hill so I think the sloping pages of the book represent this really well. 



  Even though there are things I don't like about my book I do like how the book is layered up from the front, I think this adds depth and makes the forest look like it goes further away in the distance as the pages go further back. I also like how I managed to achieve the rising of the pages, forming the slope of a hill. I think this is a really important feature of the book as the Chevin is on top of a hill so I think the sloping pages of the book represent this really well. 


I also really like the flow of the pages, even though the quality isn't great i'm happy with how things look and how the pages flow together. I think if the quality had been better and I had printed on a green stock then I would have been a lot happier with the final outcome. Overall I think I've learnt a lot from this module, the Visual Journalist part made me realise new ways of tackling a brief and developing ideas, where as the Picture Book part helped me learn how to work in new ways, how to work with new media and how to convert physical work into a document on the computer. I'm excited to tackle another book project in the future. 


I added this picture in to this post just to show the quality of the print. It's pretty clear to see the pixelated quality of the print, this massively ruins the look and feel of the book. I was hoping that using collage, shape and texture would help the pictures jump off the page but instead they look poorly finished and quite dull and flat. I have learnt from this though and in the future will make sure my documents are saved right and set up in the correct format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment