Friday 5 May 2017

Experimenting with Texture

Following up from the feedback I got in the crit, I've begun to experiment with texture and feel that this is something I definitely want to incorporate into my illustrations. I didn't realise that some of the imagery was so flat until I started adding texture and explore how it can be used to enhance my images. I also feel that the added texture further promotes the dark, moody tone of voice I was trying to achieve.

After playing around with adding textures from the monoprints I made in 504, I think I've finally settled on an overall aesthetic for my illustrations. I've applied texture to both the hand and the playing card, with the texture on the hand completley replacing the flat colour that it was previously made from. The texture on the playing card was inverted and then placed over the top of the solid peach it is made from to create a speckled, dirtier look. I'm really happy with how this is coming along and feel that now I've decided on an overall look for the illustrations, it will be easy to replicate this across the other four and keep the style consistent.


No comments:

Post a Comment