Monday 8 May 2017

Cover Roughs

 I was a little unsure of what to do for my book cover at first. I was really happy with the final illustrations for the chapters inside the book and feel like they're really strong as a set. I started to think about possibly having a pattern that would completley wrap around the outside of the book and felt this this could either include constellations of the zodiac or alternativley runes and other alchemic symbols. As much as I feel this could have been effective, I felt like it focused too heavily on one specific aspect of fortune telling/divination. I started drawing a few things up that related back to the sacred geomtry I'd previously looked at and began to feel like this would be a stronger approach. The outside of the book needed to provide a general overview/insight as to what was inside and I feel a symbol constructed with elements of sacred geometry would best do this. I also decided I wanted to incorporate the image of they eye that i've been adding to the rest of my illustrations. I drew up half of the final design as I wanted it to be symmetrical and new I would be able to sort this out in Photoshop later on.



















No comments:

Post a Comment