Sunday 25 October 2015

OUIL404 - Sketchbook Task

For this task we were given a list of visual subjects and asked to choose one of them to research and produce a minimum of 4 sketchbook pages of drawings in response to our chosen theme. Out of the 14 subjects we were given to choose from, I decided to go with 'Deep Sea Diving and the Coral Reef'. I chose this theme as I have an interest in nature and learning about different animals and environments and I thought that I would enjoy research and responding to this subject more than any of the others on the list. 






I'm pretty happy with how these turned out, I like the simpleness of some of them, and also the tonal value of the back of the whale and the jellyfish. I really enjoyed looking at shells and seaweed, seeing the different shapes, varieties and colours that you can find in the ocean was interesting, I'm excited to explore this visual subject further!




No comments:

Post a Comment