Friday 23 October 2015

OUIL403 Visual Skills -Typology Idea Bang

Typology brief: 
Produce an A-Z illustrated typology poster.
Must be produced in monochrome and in A2 portrait format. 

After being briefed for this project the first thing I did was make a mind map to try and get my initial ideas down on paper. I then went on to selecting a few of the themes that interested me most and tried to think of ideas for the different letters of the alphabet for each theme I'd chosen to look into. 
























I found it really difficult with some of the themes to think of ideas that related to all of the letters in the alphabet. I also thought that I wasn't thinking of interesting enough ideas and that they should be funnier or more easy for people to connect with. From this initial idea bang I found that the themes of 'Bad Habits' and 'Shitty Tattoos' were working best for me, and were also interesting me more than some of the others that I'd thought of. I moved on to sketching out some of the ideas that I'd had and seeing if that helped me think of more ideas for some of the letters. 
Bad Habits
Weird Looking Animals
Shitty Tattoos
 After working on a few different themes I decided to go with the theme of 'Bad Habits' as this was a theme that I thought I could easily relate too and that other people would be able to relate too as well. I also thought that it was the strongest idea that I had thought of and I was quite enjoying working on the sketches and thinking about how I could develop them further.

No comments:

Post a Comment