Wednesday 23 May 2018

Wendigo Mockups

In preperation for my one-to-one tutorial, I've been putting together some mockups, in order to show my 'final vision' for this particular cryptid and how i want the other two cryptids to look. I intend to screenprint onto fabric so was looking at colours that would stand apart from each other and the fabric, adding halftones when needed to incorporate that little bit of extra detail. I aim to get feedback on these at the next tutorial and hope that this will help me develop the imagery to the next stage.



Although I'm happy with how the creature itself looks, I feel that it's not quite right, and I'm trying to make it too polished. The trees used in the background have more of the right kind of feel to them, the wendigo itself looks a little too finalised, and the pieces are looking a little over-photoshopped. I'm not entirley sure how to avoid this as I feel it's something thats been ingrained into my practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment