Wednesday 30 May 2018

Cryptid Final Designs and Proposal for Continuation of Project




These are my two final cryptid designs. In terms of colour scheme, they are both finished with the same colours, just layered on top of each other differently as I wanted to create different tones of voice for the individual cryptids. The Jackalope is a lot softer, its not as terrifying as the Wendigo so wanted the colours to represent this, hence why the pink is more prominant in this design. The Wendigo on the other hand is a nightmarish creature, therefore, the blues are more predominant as I wanted to convey a darker tone of voice



Originally, I was suppossed to produce three iamges for this project but have only managed to complete two. This is due to a surgery and the recovery time from this which has led to me not being able to complete work at the speed that I needed to in order to do all three. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the two outcomes i've produced and intend to carry on creating images around this subject matter as the whole research part of this project has been really interesting. 

I had also proposed to make these iamges into fabric wall hangings. This is something that i still want to do but will not have time to complete before the deadline. Therefore, I instead propose to create these wall hangings in time for the end of year show. If for some reason this cannot be completed. the images will be printed off at a large scale and shown as posters hung from the wall, rather than traditional fabric wall hangings as such. 

No comments:

Post a Comment