Wednesday 23 May 2018

Feedback from Tutorial

During my tutorial with Matt, a few things were said that have set my head straight on how to progress with this project further. I was right in saying that the images were a bit over-photoshopped, this was something that was discussed and that I've been encouraged to get away from. It was also suggested that I consider the space I've got, and rather than using only the centre part of the frame, try use the entire thing to convey the stories of these characters and make them completley take over the page.

I expressed worries about how if things dont look fully polished and clean, to me they aren't validated as actual pieces of work. It was suggested I get a lightbox, and draw the same thing over and over again in order to validate it in my head but also to develop things and refine the overall appearance of my imagery. From this tutorial, I think I'm going going to get out of my sketchbook and start working on some lose pieces of paper in order to get away from that 'finalised' feeling. I'm also going to try creating my images with ink rather than pencil, I think using something that'll force me to create images in a looser way will help massivley.

No comments:

Post a Comment